Saturday, February 25, 2012

high school yearbook

As I was brainstorming what to write in my post "About", I realized I don't really know what I want to reveal about myself and how much. I understand that a blog can only show a snippet of someone's life, but I want my snippet to represent me truthfully. My blog will never be glamorous, because let's face it, I'm not. I just want it to be painfully true because that's what I value. Perhaps the best way to tell you partly who I am is not to listen to me, but to people who wrote in my high school yearbook.

Snippets from my freshman year high school yearbook:

"You have a bad case of the giggles. Thanks for being such a free spirit."

"Thanks for getting us out of the project in science."

"You're super!"

"You are so awesome! A great bus buddy when pot boy strikes!"

"You're so smart and creative! I loved your semester projects."

"I love your style."

"I love your outfits."

"You are awesome! And I will win (in chess at least)."

And of course there were lots of "Have a great summer." And the thoughtful "Don't change" which when I now think about it, is such an awful sentiment because I do in fact hope that 99% of the people I went to high school with did change. A lot. For the better.

Overall, what I surmise from these quotes is that:
1. I laughed a lot and was likely very disruptive during class.
2. I tended to be very strong headed and I distinctly remember getting the entire 9th grade science classes out of our semester project because I disagreed with the teacher about the fairness of the project's guidelines and due date.
3. I distinctly remember pot boy on the 9th grade school bus. Always sat next to me rolling joints. I had to join forces with others to rearrange my seat on the school bus.
4. Apparently, I had good style (to some). To me, clothes = creativity.
5. I was bad at chess.

No comments:

Post a Comment